Eager to watch Vigil but it’s not available where you are? Don’t panic! I have the top tips so you can get binging right now and below, I’ll be sharing them with you.
Vigil is the brand new series set on HMS Vigil and it’s available to watch for free (as long as you have a TV licence, of course) on the UK streaming service BBC iPlayer.
Sadly, iPlayer isn’t available to those outside of the UK, so if you’re travelling or living abroad, you’ll need to find a way around this problem.
Luckily, I have a simple solution for you which I’ll be discussing throughout this article.
So if you live overseas in countries such as the US, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else, you’ll be able to unblock the gripping TV show Vigil without needing to travel to the UK.
Let’s get watching.
What you need to watch where you are
To unblock the brilliant TV show Vigil on BBC iPlayer from where you are, you’ll need to use a VPN app.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is an app that will help you mask your current location by giving you a virtual location of your choosing. For example, you could be sat in a New York hotel and use your VPN to connect to a UK location.
By doing so, you’ll be able to make websites and apps give you access to its UK exclusive content, such as Vigil.
VPNs are often used by businesses to protect their data from hackers and other shady individuals. It just so happens that they’re excellent at unblocking geo-restricted content too.
What’s the best VPN to get watching?
When it comes to using a VPN to watch Vigil on BBC iPlayer in any country, I’ve found that ExpressVPN is the top choice.
ExpressVPN offers super-fast connections that make streaming UK television a smooth and easy process. Recently, I used ExpressVPN to access international football on the BBC’s channels. The picture was clear, and the streams didn’t have any annoying lag.
I’ve also found that ExpressVPN works incredibly well to unblock overseas Netflix libraries such as Netflix US and many others.
Their easy to use apps are intuitive and will be simple to use for even the most tech-averse people.
However, even though I strongly recommend that you use ExpressVPN and they have a risk-free 30-day money back guarantee, you might want to have a look around and check out a few other VPNs.
30-day money back guarantee
How to stream Vigil online outside the UK
Setting up a VPN is a simple 5 step process that I’ll demonstrate below using the #1 rated, ExpressVPN.
- Head over to the ExpressVPN website and sign up for their VPN. They offer three packages; their longest-term package (12 months) is the best deal they have. It comes with 3 extra months for free and will save you around 49% off the monthly fee.
- Download ExpressVPN to your chosen device(s), and log in using your username and password or the activation code. Sometimes these are emailed to you, so keep an eye on your email inbox.
- Connect to a UK location such as Manchester or London. To do this, click Selected Location, then choose a United Kingdom location. If the connection doesn’t automatically connect, click the Connect button.
- Head to the BBC iPlayer app or use the website and log into your BBC iPlayer account.
- Search for Vigil and enjoy streaming the show.
30-day money back guarantee
What’s Vigil about?
One of the UK’s Nuclear deterrent submarines named Vigil finds itself part of a conspiracy that brings the British Police, Navy, and British security services together to solve a mysterious death that took place while the ship was underwater.
DCI Amy Silva and her partner DC Kirsten Longacre are tasked with solving the death that’s looking more like murder as new evidence surfaces (pun intended).
At the same time as the death, a Scottish fishing trawler goes missing in mysterious circumstances. Could the two occurrences have a connection? If they do, it could mean something much more significant is afoot.
If you’re a fan of crime dramas that are full of mystery, then Vigil will have you hooked from the start.
Lucy Mangan of The Guardian calls it “a dense, sharply written, absolute treat of a show about a murky, unseen world.”
Who stars in Vigil
- Suranne Jones – This famous actress is known for starring in Doctor Foster, Coronation Street, Scott & Bailey, Vincent, Save Me, Gentleman Jack, I Am, Vanity Fair, A Christmas Star, A Touch Of Cloth, The Crimson Field, and Lawless.
- Rose Leslie – She’s best known for acting in Game Of Thrones, Honeymoon, The Last Witch Hunter, Morgan, The Good Flight, The Backup Dancer, Luther, Downton Abbey, Honeymoon, Now Is Good, Blandings, and Vera.
- Adam James – He’s best known for starring in Belgravia, Doctor Foster, I May Destroy You, The Hollow, Life, Deep State, Hunter Killer, Home From Home, Johnny English Strikes Again, Endeavour, Drifters, and Grantchester.
- Lolita Chakrabarti – This actress is known for Defending The Guilty, All Is True, Delicious, Born To Kill, Beowulf: Return To The Shieldlands, Criminal: UK, Riviera, Death In Paradise, Holby City, Outnumbered, and Bodies.
- Peterson D Joseph – As an actor, he is best known for his roles in The Sandman, Horizon, Inside No. 9, The Beach, Aeon Flux, Neverwhere, Timeless, Peep Show, Thunderbirds Are Go, You Me And The Apocalypse, Urban Myths, Grantchester, and Counterpart.
To access Vigil on BBC iPlayer from any country outside the UK, you’ll need to use a VPN such as ExpressVPN.
Follow the step by step guide above and get ExpressVPN now. You’ll be able to watch Vigil from anywhere in the world in high quality without any restrictions.
Vigil looks like one of the best dramas the BBC has ever released; it opened with a whopping 5.4 million viewers and has been the talk of the town. Don’t miss it!