Spanish TV is some of the most popular in the world, especially native TV from Spain itself. However, watching Spanish TV outside of Spain can be incredibly difficult.
In this guide I’m going to show you not only the easiest way to watch Spanish TV outside Spain but also the quickest.
All good Spanish TV channels like LA 1, Antena 3 and RTVE have online streaming services showing their channel online. However, most of these are restricted to viewing from within Spain only.
You’ll be pleased to know that there’s a way of unblocking all the Spanish channels no matter what country you’re in and all you’ll need is a simple app. Below I’m going to show you how.
Watch Spanish TV outside Spain
When you visit any of the Spanish online TV services such as Antenna 3 the website first checks your location. When it sees you’re not in Spain it blocks you from watching. A bit like the message below.
It does this by checking your IP Address. An IP Address is a set of numbers unique to you that helps the internet function. It also sadly gives away your location.
By using a small app called a VPN you can change your IP Address to one from another country and so trick the Spanish TV websites into thinking you’re in Spain when really you’re in the UK, United States or anywhere else in the world.
A VPN service will cost you a few US dollars per month and the longer you subscribe for the cheaper it is. That’s why it’s worth signing up for a year or longer because of the savings.
To get a VPN and use it to watch Spanish TV outside Spain follow the simple 6 step instructions below.
How to watch Spanish TV outside Spain in 6 steps
Follow the 6-steps below to watch Spanish TV outside Spain.
- Visit the VPN provider NordVPN by clicking here and sign up to their service. The longer you subscribe the cheaper it is so it’s well worth considering an annual package, use code VPNCOMP17 if you do sign up for a year to save 30%.
- Once you’ve completed the sign-up process head over to the VPN Apps section of the NordVPN website. You should now choose the correct app for your device. You can install the service on multiple devices.
- Once the app is downloaded, install it and then open it. Once you’ve opened it you’ll need to login with your account details, these are the ones you created when you signed up to the service.
- On the world map locate and select Spain and click on it. If you can’t find it on the map you can also select Countries and then find Spain in the list.
- The app should automatically make connection for you but if not all you need to do is press the large Connect button.
- Once the app has connected head over to your favourite Spanish TV website where instead of being blocked you’re now able to watch Spanish TV anywhere in the world.
If you still think it’s going to be too difficult for you then take a look at my example video below where I used NordVPN on a Windows PC to watch AtresPlayer for Antena 3.
Spanish TV Channels
The VPN service can be used on any Spanish TV channels that have an online streaming service which is blocked outside Spain. You can also use it to watch TV Channels from South American Spanish speaking countries too.
Below are a few examples of TV Channels you can watch with the VPN service.
You can watch all those and more. * Netflix Spain requires you to have a Netflix account for any country in the world. With the VPN service you can login to Netflix like normal and you’ll be able to access the Spanish Netflix Catalogue. This contains Spanish language and exclusive Spanish content.
How does a VPN work and are they legal
When you visit a Spanish TV website it checks your internet connection first. When it sees that you’re not in Spain it blocks you from watching.
A VPN works by passing your request firstly to what is known as a VPN Server in Spain and then that passes your request onto the website you’re trying to watch.
Because the website only sees the VPN Server request to watch the site it shows the TV channel you’re trying to view. The VPN Server then passes the video back to you.
It all sounds complicated but the VPN app does all of the work and you won’t even notice this happening.
VPN servers are 100% legal in nearly all countries across the world. Their intended purpose is to protect your online privacy so no one can track what you do online. Part of how it does this is by allowing you to disguise your location which is how it helps you watch Spanish TV outside Spain.
Recap How to watch Spanish TV anywhere in the world
To watch Spanish TV outside Spain you need to get yourself a VPN app which are available for all types of devices from computers to tablets and phones.
You can get our recommended VPN service by clicking the button below, we’ve tested it with all the leading Spanish TV services to make sure it’s working.
Once you’ve got the app, connect to their Spain server and then head over to your favourite Spanish TV website where you can watch as much Spanish TV as you wish.
What’s your favourite Spanish show or favourite Spanish TV Channel? I’d love to know, why not let me and others know in the comments section below.