How to watch Sky Go outside the UK

Chris

Chris

Chris has a passion for helping you watch your favourite TV abroad. When he isn't helping you he can be found watching football, browsing Netflix or watching a good documentary.

If you’re looking for a simple way to watch Sky Go outside the UK, then this is the guide you need. In this guide I’m going to show you how you can access and watch your Sky Go UK account from anywhere on the planet.

Sky Go is one of the best online streaming services and if you’ve got a Sky account from the UK then you’ll know how useful it is to watch catch-up and live TV.

If you’re on the move then that’s when Sky Go comes into its own. Unfortunately, for some strange reason, Sky Go isn’t available outside the UK in every country.

Below I’m going to show you how you can watch Sky Go outside the UK. So if you’re travelling, an expat or you’re just outside the UK for another reason, read on.

Watch Sky Go outside the UK

Sky Go is great but when you’re outside the UK in certain countries, it doesn’t work.

New EU regulations mean it should work in EU countries but with EU countries making up less than 15% of the world, that leaves a massive 85% where Sky Go doesn’t work.

With the UK set to leave the EU too, the rules around portability will likely no longer apply meaning Sky Go again won’t work even in the EU.

Regardless of the UK’s EU position or anything else, there is however a way you can watch Sky Go outside the UK in 100% of internet-enabled countries and the solution is called a VPN.

A VPN is a privacy app that allows you to disguise and change your online location. If for example you’re in Australia, you can make it appear as if you’re in the UK

Not to worry either, the term ‘VPN’ sounds complicated but all it takes is 1 or 2 clicks to work. Below I’ll show you how.

How to watch Sky Go outside the UK

To watch Sky Go outside the UK, you’ll need to get yourself a VPN app. If you search Google you’ll notice there are hundreds upon hundreds of companies offering them which can be confusing.

Not all VPN services are suitable for Sky Go and some are just too slow to watch video outside the UK. I’ve tested some of the best and my three recommendations are:

  1. ExpressVPN
  2. IPVanish
  3. NordVPN

I’ve been using ExpressVPN because they are compatible with more devices including Windows and Mac computers, Android and Apple iOS tablets and phones and the Amazon Fire TV and Firestick, but you can sign up for any, they all work.

How to watch Sky Go outside the UK Step-by-Step:

  1. Visit ExpressVPN by

    There are no limits on how much you can watch or how many times you can connect or disconnect from the VPN service. So you’re free to enjoy as much Sky Go as you want while you’re outside the UK.

    Troubleshooting

    Occasionally you may run into one or two issues, below are the most common solutions.

    Change Server

    It’s possible Sky Go blocks the VPN ‘server’ you connected to. To resolve this go back to the ExpressVPN app and press Choose Location. Press All, Press Europe and then press the small arrow next to United Kingdom. Select one of the available cities and click on it to connect.

    Enable airplane mode

    If you’re accessing Sky Go on a mobile phone or tablet you may need to enable airplane mode to deactivate GPS which could be giving your real location away. On your device enable airplane mode and once enabled you can then re-enable WiFi.

    Recap How to watch Sky Go outside the UK

    To watch Sky Go outside the UK in any country in the world you’ll need to get yourself a VPN app.

    A VPN app allows you to change your online location and pretend you’re in the UK. There are hundreds of companies that sell VPN services but my recommendation is ExpressVPN. You can get ExpressVPN by clicking the button below.

    They have apps for all types of devices from computers and laptops running Windows or Mac OS, tablets and phones running Android or Apple iOS and even apps for the Amazon Fire TV and Firestick.

    Once you’ve signed up and got the correct app, connect to the United Kingdom and you can then use the Sky Go app.

    30-day money back guarantee

    What’s your favourite channel or programme on Sky Go and where have you been watching Sky Go in the world? I would love to hear your comments and thoughts. If you get stuck why not let me know in the comments section below and I’ll be glad to help.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Save 49% Off