The crime drama Silent Witness has been one of the BBC’s most successful TV shows, averaging around 8 million viewers per episode since 1996; that’s no small feat.
It’s no wonder that you’re looking for ways to watch Silent Witness where you are.
After all, BBC iPlayer is only available to those who live in the UK, so if you’re overseas, you’ll need to find a way around this problem.
In this article, I’ll show you the steps you need to take to unblock Silent Witness from anywhere in the world, allowing you to get binge watching right now.
What you need to unlock the show
Unblocking overseas content isn’t as complicated as you might believe. All you require is a VPN app.
A VPN app helps you mask your current location (IP address) and provides you with a new virtual location of your choosing. This allows you to make websites such as BBC iPlayer give you access to their content, even if you’re outside of the UK.
VPNs have been used for years by businesses to help protect their online data from unsavoury characters and marketing companies.
Now they’re being used to enjoy media content from across the globe.
Where to get the best VPN
There are many VPNs available; a quick Google search will turn up so many options, it can leave you confused as to which one is the best.
From my experience, I’ve found that ExpressVPN is the best VPN for unblocking streaming services from all over the world. Not only do they work well with BBC iPlayer, but they work with other services such as Netflix, Disney+, ITV Hub, Amazon Prime, and many more.
ExpressVPN also offers world-class connection speeds that allow you to stream video in the highest quality without any lagging or pixelated images.
If that’s not enough to convince you, they even offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so essentially you can try them risk-free.
30-day money back guarantee
How to stream Silent Witness anywhere
If you’re looking to access Silent Witness on BBC iPlayer from any country, then you’ll need to use a VPN. Follow the steps below, and you’ll be streaming the show in a matter of minutes.
In this step by step, I’ll be using ExpressVPN as an example.
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and purchase one of their VPN packages. ExpressVPN’s 12 month subscription is the most cost-effective, saving you around 49% off the monthly price. Plus, they give you an additional 3 months for free, boosting your subscription to 15 months.
- Open your device’s app store and download the ExpressVPN app. Next, login to the app with your account details. You can also find the apps download links on the ExpressVPN website.
- Click on Selected Location and choose the United Kingdom. If it doesn’t auto-connect for you, tap the Connect button.
- Visit the BBC iPlayer website or use the app, log into your account, and search for Silent Witness.
- You’ll now be able to stream all 24 seasons of the show no matter where you are in the world. Enjoy!
30-day money back guarantee
What’s Silent Witness all about?
This popular British TV show is one of the BBC’s most successful shows. It’s been on screens worldwide ever since 1996 and is currently on its 24th season; that’s a whopping 223+ episodes.
The show focuses on a forensic pathology team and their investigations into a variety of crimes. When the show was initially broadcast in 1996, the show’s main character was based on Professor Helen Whitwell, a pathologist that the show’s creator knew throughout his life.
The show’s central character Sam Ryan took the first few seasons through many gripping storylines, such as season 6’s opening episode that saw a multi-vehicle collision causing the death of eleven people, to Sam’s personal romance with a member of her team.
However, after 8 seasons, the show’s cast was refreshed, bringing in a new team of investigators, bringing something new to the storylines that have kept people watching the show over the last 16 years.
If you’ve been looking for a show that you can sink your teeth into, then Silent Witness has more than enough episodes to keep you busy for a few weeks. The best part is that they’re all available to stream for free on BBC iPlayer (as long as you have a TV licence, of course).
Who stars in Silent Witness?
- Emilia Fox – She’s best known for her roles in The Pianist, Cashback, Dorina Gray, The Soul Keeper, Blithe Spirit, Delicious, White Dragon, The Ghost, Home From Home, The Trial Of Christine Keeler, and Inside No. 9.
- William Gaminara – He’s well known for his roles in Honour, This Life, Rag Nymph, Comrades, Becca’s Bunch, Catastrophe, The Alienist, The Tunnel, Electric Dreams, The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance, People Like Us, The Law, and The Moth.
- Tom Ward – This actor has starred in The Frankenstein Chronicles, Harry Price: Ghost Hunter, Death Comes To Pemberley, Death In Paradise, Doctor Who, Marple, The Lost World, The Heart Of Me, Red Cap, Instinct, Hawking, and Warriors.
- David Caves – He’s starred in Ironclad: Battle For Blood, Jackie, 15 Days, Widow’s Walk, The Complete Walk: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Crime Thriller Club, and Saturday Kitchen.
- Liz Carr – This actress has starred in The Witcher, Infinite, CripTales, Devs, The OA, Les Miserables, Le Accelerator, and The Beaten.
Gaining access to BBC iPlayer so that you can watch Silent Witness in any country is easier than you might think. All you need is a VPN app such as ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN will not only unblock BBC iPlayer from anywhere, but it’ll also work with most other streaming platforms too such as Netflix.
Follow the step-by-step earlier in this article and you can enjoy Silent Witness in minutes.