Paramount+ looks set to be a major contender for the tried and tested streaming platforms.
One major downfall is that Paramount Plus is only available if you are inside of the United States, so they won’t achieve global domination just yet.
There are signs of the streaming platform expanding outside of its US base, but this will take a long time and there’s no guarantee it will actually happen. It definitely won’t be coming to the UK, that’s for sure.
However, what I’m about to show you in this article will allow you to access Paramount Plus from any country in the world, so you won’t be restricted by geographical boundaries ever again.
Sounds good, right? Of course it does. Who wouldn’t want to watch Paramount’s best content from the comfort of their home?
To do so, you’ll need to use an app called a VPN.
The VPN we will be discussing is my number 1 recommendation ExpressVPN.
But before we look at ExpressVPN a little closer, here is a quick step-by-step guide to get you watching.
How to stream Paramount+ anywhere
Follow these 5 easy steps to watch Paramount Plus from anywhere in the world.
- Visit the ExpressVPN website and click the “Get ExpressVPN” button, select a suitable VPN package, then enter your email address and payment information in the boxes provided. Confirm your purchase by clicking on “Join Now“. (ExpressVPN’s 12-month package offers the best value and comes with 3 FREE months).
- Download the ExpressVPN app and log in using your email and password or the activation code.
- Click Selected Location and choose the United States from the list.
- Now click Connect.
- After the connection is established, visit the Paramount Plus website or use their app and sign up for an account if you don’t already have one. You may need to use something called StatesCard* to pay for your Paramount Plus subscription outside the US.
- Enjoy streaming all of Paramount Plus’ best content straight to your device from anywhere in the world.
*StatesCard – If you’re a US citizen who is travelling or living abroad, then you should be able to pay using your US payment method.
If you’re not from the US, you can use StatesCard to pay for the Paramount Plus subscription.
StatesCard is a virtual prepaid card that comes with a US billing address. This will help you pay on any US sites that require a US payment card. It’s a pretty handy trick, to be honest.
30-day money back guarantee
How a VPN helps you watch anywhere
Hopefully, by now, you’ve followed the step-by-step above and set yourself up with ExpressVPN. If you haven’t, make sure you go back and follow each step to unblock Paramount Plus.
A VPN was originally intended to be an internet security tool to help keep your information secure while you surfed the internet. However, it was soon discovered that they could unblock overseas content with a click of a button.
ExpressVPN and all other VPN providers work by sending your internet traffic to another location and back again.
By doing so, it helps you disguise your location on websites and apps such as Paramount Plus, making them believe you are accessing the internet from whichever location you’re connected to.
Not only will this trick help you bypass regional restrictions in place on Paramount Plus, but it will also allow you to access countless other geo-restricted sites such as additional Netflix content, Peacock TV, Disney+, and more.
What is Paramount Plus?
It currently boasts 30,000+ TV shows and hit movies such as The Godfather Trilogy, along with Paramount’s latest blockbusters.
Paramount Plus is made up of content from Comedy Central, MTV, CBS, BET, Nickelodeon, The Smithsonian Channel, and Paramount Pictures.
Each of these channels has its own original content produced just for the streaming platform. Not to mention the live sports such as the NFL and Soccer (Football) games that they stream each week.
There are two different tiers of subscription that you can choose from:
Paramount Plus Standard
- Cost: $5.99 (7 Day Free Trial)
- What’s Included: 2,500+ movies, 30,000+ TV Shows, Original Paramount Plus content, and Live NFL games.
- This option will contain adverts during and between shows.
Paramount Plus Premium
- Cost: $9.99 (30 Day Free Trial)
- What’s Included: All of the above, access to 4K UHD content, offline viewing, extra sports coverage with local CBS affiliates.
- This option has limited adverts.
How to unlock the show on your TV, Roku, Apple TV, and more.
If you are using a SmartTV, Roku, Apple TV, or similar device, then you’ll find that ExpressVPN doesn’t support these devices just yet.
To unblock Paramount Plus on these devices, you’ll need one of the following:
This is a piece of hardware that you connect to your internet router. From there, you’ll connect to it as you normally would connect to your WiFi.
It uses DNS to unblock restricted content and gives you lossless speed while connected.
Take a look at the Streamlocator here.
This is the hardware version of a VPN app. It works in a similar way that StreamLocator does, except that it will provide you with all of the benefits that using a VPN will bring you. Added security, anonymity, and more.
Find out more about the Invizbox 2 here.
By using either option, you’ll be good to go.
To watch Paramount Plus in any country, you’ll need to avoid the regional block that’s in place on the streaming platform. You can do this by using a VPN.
I highly recommend that you use ExpressVPN. They are the best VPN for the job.
Get yourself set up with ExpressVPN now and you won’t miss out on the 30,000+ TV shows available on Paramount Plus – yeah, it really has that many!