ITV is well known to produce some of the UK’s best TV content. It’s no wonder you’re trying to access it.
People just like you worldwide are trying to access ITV’s content but are hitting a wall and greeted by a “Sorry this video isn’t available right now” message.
Which only leaves you feeling frustrated in the process and unable to see what Ken Barlow’s latest escapades are.
The Irish love ITV but are constantly encountering this problem.
So if you’ve been looking to watch ITV in Ireland, then you’re in the right place.
In this article, I’ll show you exactly what you need to stream ITV’s content so that you can watch ITV from your living room… or wherever you want.
You’ll discover how to set up a VPN app (Virtual Private Network) and how it can help you unlock ITV plus many other streaming platforms and content from all over the world.
Best of all, you don’t need to be a computer whizz to set it up. But before we discuss what a VPN is and how it works, let me show you how to set the VPN up so you can hit the ground running.
How to unlock ITV in Ireland
To watch ITV in Ireland, you’ll need to have access to a UK IP address, which you can get by using the VPN ExpressVPN. There are other providers, but more on that later.
Follow the steps below and you’ll be streaming ITV in no time.
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and follow the onscreen prompts to set up your VPN. It’s worth paying attention to the packages they offer, as their 12-month package is the most cost-effective and comes with 3 free months (saving you 49%).
- Once you’ve purchased one of their VPN packages, download their dedicated app from your device’s app store or via the ExpressVPN website.
- Login using your email address and password. Some devices require using an activation code which you’ll find in your account area.
- Click the Selected Location button and select the United Kingdom. Then tap the Connect button.
- After 10-15 seconds your connection will be established and you’ll be able to open the ITV Hub app or visit the ITV site without restriction.
I hope you enjoy streaming all of your favourite ITV shows directly to your device while you’re in Ireland.
30-day money back guarantee
How a VPN helps you watch anywhere
You now know you need a VPN, but how does it work exactly?
Without going into all of the technical jargon, a VPN is an internet security tool designed to protect your data while you are surfing the web.
However, many users discovered that a VPN can be used to avoid regional restrictions that are in place on certain content, such as ITV.
ExpressVPN helps you connect to an overseas location, sending your internet connection through that location and back again. This makes sites like ITV think you are elsewhere, giving you full access to all the content.
It’s a pretty great trick, and ExpressVPN handles the task brilliantly.
What’s on ITV?
ITV is well known for having some of Britain’s best TV content. Not only do they have one of the world’s longest airing TV shows Coronation Street, but they also have a whole bunch of mini series’ that will certainly keep you entertained.
Here’s a brief list of what you can expect with ITV:
- Liar – This Psychological thriller will have you second-guessing yourself throughout it. A popular school teacher accuses a renowned surgeon of rape, he denies it. One of them is a Liar, but who?
- Grace – A story of a troubled detective investigating the disappearance of a local property developer.
- Little Boy Blue – The heartbreaking true story of the shooting of 11-year-old Rhys Jones and the investigation that swiftly followed.
- Love Island – Basically a bunch of single good-looking women and good-looking men placed on an island and encouraged to find a partner.
- Britain’s Tiger Kings with Ross Kemp – Ross Kemp investigates the weird world of Britain’s large cat collectors.
Plus many more such as Family Guy, Emmerdale, DNA Journey, X-Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, to name a few.
How to unlock the channel on your SmartTV
If you want to watch ITV in Ireland using a device that isn’t supported by ExpressVPN, such as your SmartTV, you have three options:
You can use an Amazon Firestick with an ExpressVPN app installed on it to access ITV Player on your TV. Just make sure you connect to a UK server on the ExpressVPN app.
Invizbox 2 is a hardware version of a VPN. By using Invizbox 2, you can secure your data and unblock geo-restricted content such as ITV.
Simply connect your Invizbox 2 to your router and your TV or other device to the new Wi-Fi connection and you’re good to go.
Streamlocator is another piece of hardware but this one uses DNS to avoid restrictions. Using DNS you don’t lose any speed that is great for streaming, but you don’t have the same security you’d get by using a VPN.
All three options mentioned above will allow you to access ITV in Ireland on your TV or other devices that don’t support VPN.
If you’re looking to access ITV in Ireland then you’ll need to use a VPN such as ExpressVPN.
Follow the step-by-step guide mentioned earlier in this article to set up ExpressVPN and unblock all of the great content available on the ITV player streaming platform.
Once you have ExpressVPN, you’ll be watching ITV in Ireland in no time at all.