Eurovision is without question one of the biggest and best music competitions in the world. In this guide I’m going to show you the incredibly easy way you can watch it live in America, Canada or in fact in any other country in the world.
If you’ve been looking for a reliable way to watch Eurovision 2019 in America, Canada or elsewhere then you’re likely disappointed. The Europe wide music competition is huge, but sadly coverage of it is anything but.
In many countries like the USA there is little coverage of the event because although there is widespread interest, it isn’t big enough to warrant decent coverage. Any coverage there is, is often restricted to cable networks that you probably don’t have access to anyway.
The good news is you can watch the entire Eurovision 2019 coverage live on the British network the BBC which has some of the most in depth coverage of the event of any country. So let’s find out how you can do that.
Watch Eurovision 2019
In the United Kingdom the Eurovision 2019 is being shown live on TV on the BBC network and simultaneously being streamed live online on their BBC iPlayer service.
BBC iPlayer is an online streaming service similar to Netflix, HBO Go, CBC or any other online streaming service.
The only problem is, BBC iPlayer is restricted to viewing from within the UK and if you try to watch in America or Canada you’ll be blocked from viewing.
To avoid this block you’ll need to get yourself an app called a VPN. A VPN will allow you to pretend you are in the UK so instead of being blocked you’ll be able to watch Eurovision 2019 anywhere in the world.
A VPN is an app that protects your online privacy. It makes it so no one knows what you’re doing on the internet or your real location. It is this that lets you watch the Eurovision 2019 in America, Canada or elsewhere.
Follow my simple step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be able to watch Eurovision 2019 in America, Canada or elsewhere in minutes.
How to watch Eurovision 2019 Step-by-Step
Follow the 5 simple steps below to watch Eurovision 2019 in any country:
- Visit the VPN service ExpressVPN by clicking here and sign up to their service by pressing Get ExpressVPN. If you sign up for 1-year you can save 49% over paying monthly.
- Once you’ve signed up go to the Products area of the ExpressVPN website and download the correct app for your device.
- Install and open the app and login with your account details. These are the deals you made when you signed up for the service.
- Press on Selected Location and choose United Kingdom. It should automatically connect but if not press the Connect button, it’s the one that looks like a power switch.
- Once the ExpressVPN app has connected all that’s left to do is head over to the BBC iPlayer website.
You can now watch the entire Eurovision 2019 in America, Canada or any other country. You will need to create a BBC iPlayer account if you don’t already have one.
It’s as simple as 1,2, 3.
If you’re struggling to locate the correct options on the ExpressVPN app or you think it’ll be too difficult, take a look at our example screenshots below that show you the process on both a regular computer and a mobile device.
But I don’t have the BBC iPlayer app!
Without question, the easiest way to watch Eurovision 2019 in America, Canada or another country is to do so on a regular computer or laptop running either Windows or Mac. You’ll only need the ExpressVPN app and nothing else.
If you want to watch on a mobile or tablet then you’ll also additionally need the BBC iPlayer app.
You should first search your regular app store for “BBC iPlayer” and see if you can install it directly. There’s a good chance you won’t be able to so you should follow the instructions below.
How to install BBC iPlayer on an Android device:
- In the Settings area of your Android device locate Security.
- Look for the option that allows you to install apps from unknown sources. You may not have this option if you have a very new device with the latest Android, so you can skip this step.
- On your mobile device open your web browser and go to the following address: https://apkpure.com/bbc-iplayer/bbc.iplayer.android.
- Download the APK app from the website above.
- Now go to the Downloads section on your mobile device and click on the downloaded APK file. Install when requested.
You should now have BBC iPlayer installed and can follow the instructions from earlier in this guide using the ExpressVPN app to unblock BBC iPlayer and watch Eurovision 2019.
How to install BBC iPlayer on an Apple iPad or iPhone:
Unfortunately the process for installing the BBC iPlayer app on an iPad or iPhone is lengthy. You’ll need to consult a guide such as this one. Although unless you’re technically capable I really recommend watching on a PC or Mac instead.
Recap How to watch Eurovision 2018 anywhere
If you want to watch Eurovision 2019 and it’s not available in your country or it’s on a cable network you don’t have access to then you’ll need to get a VPN app. A VPN app will allow you to watch the British coverage of the event.
Click the button below to get our recommended VPN app for watching Eurovision in America, Canada or elsewhere and follow the 5-step guide from earlier in this article.
Where will you be watching Eurovision 2019 from and which country do you want to win? Let me know in the comments section below as I would love to hear your thoughts.