If you’re looking for a reliable and official source to watch Doctor Who online then this is the guide for you.
In this guide I’m going to show you how you can watch most seasons (or series) of Doctor Who from any country in the world without the need for expensive cable subscriptions or services such as Netflix.
Doctor Who is one of the most classic TV shows in the world. This British show has travelled to nearly every country on the planet and if you’re a Doctor Who fan then you’ll know why it’s so popular.
The series was rebooted in 2005 and has spawned 10 new seasons since. Getting access to watching all the episodes of Doctor Who can be difficult depending on what country you’re in but below I’ll show you how it’s possible regardless of what country you’re in.
Watch Doctor Who online
Although most countries don’t show Doctor Who on a regular basis and even fewer have on demand access to old seasons, there is a network that does.
The BBC in the UK which creates Doctor Who allows British viewers to access the entire back catalogue of the rebooted Doctor Who series.
Their online streaming service BBC iPlayer allows access to all 10 seasons but if you’re outside the UK you’re blocked from viewing.
You’re blocked that is unless you use a VPN app which will allow you to unblock the streams and watch them anywhere in the world.
A VPN is a 100% legal online security app that protects your privacy. Part of the privacy protection is by allowing you to alter your online location and appear somewhere else.
Below I’ll show you how and where to get a VPN and how to use it to watch Doctor Who in your country.
How to watch Doctor Who online in any country
To watch Doctor Who online in your country you need a VPN app. There are hundreds to choose from but not all work with BBC iPlayer that shows Doctor Who.
A good VPN service for watching Doctor Who will cost around US$10 per month or less. The longer you sign up for the cheaper they get. Three I recommend are:
In the example below I’m using NordVPN but you can use any as they all work much the same so the process is similar.
- Visit your chosen VPN provider, for example, NordVPN by clicking here and sign up for their service. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee so if you can’t get it working it’s risk-free.
- Once you’ve signed up go to the ‘VPN Apps‘ section of their website and download the correct app for your device. You can also install it directly from your regular app store such as the Google Play Store or Apple App Store by searching ‘ExpressVPN’.
- Install and open the app and login when required.
- Click on the United Kingdom on the map and press Connect.
- It will take 30 seconds or less for the app to get connected. Once it’s connected simply visit the BBC iPlayer Doctor Who site.
You can now watch all episodes from the last 10 seasons of Doctor Who spanning the last ten years. You can watch them anywhere in the world.
When you’ve finished watching just disconnect from the NordVPN app or the app of the provider you signed up to and everything returns to normal. You can reconnect whenever you want, there are no limits.
It’s also possible to watch them on any type of device. It’s easiest to watch on a Windows or Mac OS computer or laptop but it’s also possible to watch on a mobile device. See below for further details.
How to install BBC iPlayer on a mobile device
If you want to watch Doctor Who on your tablet or mobile phone then you’ll need to install the BBC iPlayer app. It’s easier to watch on a desktop or laptop computer because you don’t need any additional apps other than the VPN service.
If you want to watch on your mobile device then follow the steps below.
How to install BBC iPlayer on an Android device:
- Go to the Settings and Security section of your Android device.
- Find the option for Unknown Sources and enable it. If you have a newer Android device then you may not have this option so can skip this step.
- On your Android device open your web-browser and visit: https://apkpure.com/bbc-iplayer/bbc.iplayer.android.
- Click Download APK and download and install the latest version of the BBC iPlayer app.
Once the app is installed you should connect to your VPN first as explained in the steps earlier in this guide and then you can open the BBC iPlayer app and watch Doctor Who.
How to install BBC iPlayer on an Apple device:
Installing BBC iPlayer on an Apple device outside the UK is a bit more difficult than doing it on an Android device.
For this you should consult this guide. Once you’ve got the BBC iPlayer app installed you can use the VPN app to unblock it.
Recap How to watch Doctor Who online
If you want to watch Doctor Who in your country you’ll need to get yourself a VPN app.
A VPN will allow you to use the UK’s BBC iPlayer which has the most recent 10 seasons of Doctor Who spanning back 10 years.
You can get my recommended VPN service by clicking the button below. Once you’ve signed up, download the correct app for your device and connect to the United Kingdom.
You can now watch all the seasons of Doctor Who anywhere in the world.