If you’re a fan of period dramas, then Call The Midwife will definitely be a show that you’ll love.
The BBC has done a fantastic job of bringing 1950’s East London to life. Call The Midwife has some brilliant storylines that keep you hooked throughout the show. As for the cast, I can’t fault them, and we’ll talk more about them later on.
The show is available to watch on BBC iPlayer, which poses a problem for international viewers.
If you live outside of the UK and want to watch Call The Midwife, then you’ll need to access BBC iPlayer but unfortunately, it’s blocked outside the UK.
Luckily for you, I can help in that department.
To unblock BBC iPlayer so that you can watch Call The Midwife in your country, you’ll need a VPN app.
In this article, I’ll show you how to use my favourite VPN – ExpressVPN to access Call The Midwife from anywhere.
But first, let me give you a step by step guide to set yourself up with ExpressVPN.
How to stream Call The Midwife anywhere
To set up ExpressVPN so that you can watch Call The Midwife from anywhere outside the UK, follow these steps.
- Visit the ExpressVPN site and click “Get ExpressVPN”, then select a suitable VPN subscription such as their 12-month package (49% cheaper than shorter periods), then complete the sign-up process.
- Download the ExpressVPN dedicated app to your device and log in using your email address and password or the supplied activation code.
- Click ‘Selected Server‘, then choose United Kingdom and tap Connect.
- Wait 10-15 seconds for a connection to be made.
- Visit the BBC iPlayer website or use the app and search for Call The Midwife.
You’ll now be able to watch the show from anywhere in the world.
30-day money back guarantee
How a VPN helps you watch anywhere
A VPN such as ExpressVPN works by allowing you to connect your internet through another location. By doing so, websites and apps will think you’re in that country and will give you unrestricted access to that region’s content.
Any of the three mentioned above will be suitable to unblock BBC iPlayer and watch Call The Midwife, which you choose is your decision.
What is Call The Midwife about?
The TV series is based on the best selling memoirs of Jennifer Worth and has been critically acclaimed.
Set in a poor district within East London during the 1950s, the show follows a group of Midwives looking after pregnant women and young mothers.
1950s London wasn’t an easy place to live, the country was still recovering from World War II, and families were beginning to rebuild again.
The show goes a lot deeper than that, covering love stories, scandal, and some mystery.
There is something for everyone, and like I said at the beginning of the article, if you love a period drama, then Call The Midwife is for you.
30-day money back guarantee
Who stars in Call The Midwife?
Call The Midwife has a brilliant cast, some of the prominent cast members are:
- Vanessa Redgrave – This actress is known for starring in Letters To Juliet, Atonement, Howards End, Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool, Georgetown, and Richard III.
- Laura Main – Best known for The Mill, Doctors, Father Brown, The Invisible Atomic Monsters From Mars, Murder City, The Forsyte Saga, and Monarch Of The Glen.
- Jenny Agutter – She’s best known for An American Werewolf In London, The Avengers, Logan’s Run, Childs Play 2, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Helen George – This actress is best known for Red Dwarf, Nativity Rocks!, Scar Tissue, The Monster, The Three Muskateers, and Doctors.
- Stephen McGann – He is best known for his roles in Business As Usual, The Hanging Gale, Emmerdale, The Bill, Doctors, and Casualty.
How to watch the show on your TV, Roku, Apple TV, and more
While most Phones, Tablets, Laptops, Computers and the Amazon Fire TV stick do support VPN, some devices like TVs don’t.
If you want to watch on something that isn’t supported by a VPN app, then you’ll need to find another way to unlock the show.
There are two options that you can choose:
The Invizbox 2 is a hardware version of a VPN.
You simply need to plug it in, connect it to your WiFi router and then connect your TV or other device to the Invizbox 2’s new WiFi hotspot.
You will have all of the benefits of using a VPN but without remembering to connect every time you need to use it. The only downside is that it’s one of the more expensive options out there.
This is another piece of hardware that plugs into your WiFi router. However, it operates differently from a VPN.
StreamLocator uses DNS to unblock restricted content, which provides you with lossless connection speeds. However, you do miss out on the protection that a VPN gives you while you’re on the internet.
Either of the options above will work on devices that don’t support VPN apps.
Call The Midwife is one of the BBC’s most popular TV shows. However, it is only available for UK residents to watch.
To gain access to Call The Midwife from outside of the UK, you need to use a VPN such as the highly recommended ExpressVPN.
Follow the step by step guide at the beginning of this article to set up ExpressVPN and start streaming the show in your country.
Call The Midwife is waiting to be binge-watched. What are you waiting for?