How to watch Australian Survivor overseas

Chris

Chris

Chris has a passion for helping you watch your favourite TV abroad. When he isn't helping you he can be found watching football, browsing Netflix or watching a good documentary.

Australian Survivor is one of the best shows on TV right now but if you’re outside Australia you’re locked out from watching.

In this guide I’ll be showing you the quick and easy way you can watch Australian Survivor overseas from anywhere in the world.

So if you want to watch Australian Survivor in the US, UK, New Zealand, Bali or anywhere else on the planet then this is the guide you need.

To watch Australian Survivor overseas you’ll need to get a VPN app which will unblock TenPlay allowing you to watch anywhere. Below I’ll show you how quick and easy this is.

Step 1: Choose a VPN service

Your first step is to choose a VPN service. If you do a quick search on Google for the term ‘VPN’ you’ll be bowled over by the amount of choice.

There are more than 500 different companies selling VPN service and it’s easy to get confused because not all work for watching Australia Survivor.

I’ve been using NordVPN and in my tests I find them to be the easiest to use and most reliable. There are however some other good choices too so if you’ve got time to check out the options take a look at these three VPN providers.

My Top 3 VPN services to watch Australian Survivor overseas:

1. NordVPNMy recommended choice!
  2. CyberGhost VPN
  3. Surfshark

Just pick one of the three providers above and sign up. Don’t worry if you’re confused, just pick NordVPN and sign up for their service, they’re my recommended choice.

NordVPN also has a huge 30-day money back guarantee so if for some reason you can’t get it working then it’s risk-free and you can simply get a refund.

Exclusive offer: Save 49% off today

Step 2: How to use the VPN to watch

Now you’ve got yourself a VPN service it’s time to use it to unblock Australian Survivor and watch anywhere in the world.

Follow the steps below and you’ll be up and running in minutes. If you’ve already signed up for a VPN service then skip step one.

Below I’m using NordVPN but the process is pretty similar with the other two providers too.

How to watch Australian Survivor overseas steps:

1. Go to the NordVPN website by clicking here and sign up for their service.
  2. Download their app for your device.
  3. Open the app and login/activate it when required.
  4. Search the location selection or use the map to find Australia and tap on it.
  5. Press Connect if the app doesn’t start connecting automatically for you.
  6. Once connected visit the TenPlay Australian Survivor website.
NordVPN Australia

Watch Australian Survivor anywhere.

Once the NordVPN app has connected any websites or apps you use will think that you’re in Australia.

It doesn’t matter what country you’re really in because they will all think you’re in Australia.

It’s simply a case of visiting the TenPlay website to watch Australian Survivor overseas. Instead of being blocked like you would without a VPN, you’ll now be able to watch all episodes just like you were in Australia.

30-day money back guarantee

How much Australian Survivor can I watch?

You can watch as much Australian Survivor as you want.

There are no restrictions on how many times you can connect or disconnect from the VPN app. As long as you have a valid subscription to NordVPN or one of the other providers you’ll be able to watch for as long as you wish.

This means you can watch every episode of every season that is freely available on the TenPlay website.

Unfortunately unless you have an Australian payment method you can’t sign up to watch past series that are now charged for.

Can I watch on my mobile or tablet?

Sure! As long as you can download and install the TenPlay app on your mobile or tablet then this will also work.

NordVPN and the other providers all have apps for both Android and Apple iOS phones and tablets.

They’ve also got apps for Windows and Mac OS so you can watch on your computer and laptop too.

How does the VPN work?

A VPN is a completely legal app aimed at protecting your privacy online.

As more companies track and monitor what we all do online a VPN is the tool to stop that.

Part of this is to stop companies and websites from tracking what country you’re in. By using a VPN from NordVPN or one of the other providers you can disguise your location.

When you visit the TenPlay website it checks your location and if you’re outside Australia it blocks you from watching. A VPN first sends your request to Australia and then on to TenPlay.

As TenPlay only see a request to watch Australian Survivor from Australia it doesn’t block you. The VPN then forwards the video back to you in whatever country you’re in. You won’t even notice this happening as it’s all automatic.

Recap: How to watch Australian Survivor overseas

It’s really easy to watch Australian Survivor overseas. For this you’ll need two things:

1) A VPN from NordVPN

2) A device to watch on such as a phone, tablet, laptop or other

You can get a VPN from NordVPN by clicking the large button below. Once you’re on their website sign up for their service.

It’s worth taking their 12-month deal because it costs a lot less than paying monthly. However, the choice is yours.

Once you’ve signed up download their app and connect to Australia.

You can now watch Australian Survivor overseas in any country on the TenPlay website. You can also use the TenPlay app to watch too.

Ready to watch Australian Survivor?

Easy set up 30-day money back guarantee Save 49%

93% of readers chose this option

What’s been your favourite moment of Australian Survivor this season? I would really like to know so why not post in the comments section below.

Looking for more informative articles? Try these:

Comments

20 Responses

1. Tom Smith says:

I am using Nord Vpn right now in the UK (I tried the NordLynx protocol already) and it keeps showing the message: only available for Australian residents…
    What other possible solution can you suggest?
    P.s. it’s been more than 30 days so I cannot get a refund

• Chris says:

Hi Tom,

You should drop NordVPN a message as it seems to be affecting a few of the big VPN providers right now. They should be able to rectify the issue for you.

2. Daniel says:

I’m getting NordVPN blocked on 10play (“10play is available for Australian residents only. If you’re in Australia, please disable any VPNs or get in touch with us…”). Using Aus server #621. Any suggested workarounds??

• Chris says:

Hi Daniel,

Change to the NordLynx protocol in settings and connect to Australia (Sydney). Australia #701 is working fine.

3. eve says:

how can I subscribe to tenplay when my CC info is US?

• Chris says:

Hi,

Tenplay is free to watch. For 10 All Access you can try your international card but you may need a local payment options.

4. Sheila says:

I’m currently using Stream Locator to watch UK TV. It doesn’t let me choose a country. Would I be able to watch 10 Play in Australia via Stream Locator and if so, how?

• Chris says:

You can’t change countries with the StreamLocator and unfortunately at the moment they don’t support Australian services. However, I hear they’re coming shortly.

• Sheila says:

I used IPVanish on my Firestick and picked Australia as my country. But still got the 10Play is available for Australian residents only message.

• Chris says:

Hi Sheila,

Some VPN services don’t work with 10Play. IPVanish seems to be one of them. It’s worth checking out ExpressVPN or one of the other three we recommend. They’ve all got money back guarantees too just in the unlikely case it doesn’t work out for you.

5. Eric says:

As of 9/29/2020 getting a strange error when using NordVPN. It had been working fine but now it seems that the play button doesnt actually function. I have tried this on multiple browsers, multiple devices and I guess this is their new “fix” for VPNs? Any chance there is a work around for this or will this be the downfall of NordVPN for 10play?

• Chris says:

Hi Eric,

It’s a possibility, but usually you would get the message “10Play is available for Australian residents only. If you’re in Australia, please disable any VPNs.”. Have you tried to contact NordVPN as they may be able to rectify this.

• Eric says:

I have not tried to reach them, I may do that. I am not getting any error at all, the page just doesnt load the videoplayer on any platform. I have tried under 2 different accounts and the player itself just doesnt work. Thanks for the reply!

• Chris says:

Hi Eric,

Have just tested with the Australia #621 server and appears to be working. Perhaps you could try that specific server or play around with a few different locations and servers.

It could be that the one you used was blocked. Keep us posted.

6. Lisa says:

I’ve just followed all your instructions but I get this error: 10Play is available for Australian residents only

If you’re in Australia, please disable any VPNs or get in touch with us at helpdesk.tenplay.com.au for assistance.

When I try to pay it wants an Australian credit card and doesn’t offer paypal.
    Any suggestions???

• Chris says:

Hi Lisa,

Sorry, sadly it’s stopped working with ExpressVPN. Don’t panic though! They have a 30-day money back guarantee so simply request a refund to get your money back.

We’ve just tested and updated the article with some working solutions.

You’ll also only be able to stream the free content if you don’t have an Australian payment method.

7. Omar says:

This is no longer working with Express VPN

8. leslie says:

The problem with this is you need an Aussie credit card to even start the free trial or sign up for an account.

• Chris says:

Hi Leslie,

I think it depends how old the show is. For example, you can watch new content like Masterchef by simply creating a free account (just tested and working fine_. It’s only when you want to access something like 10 All Access for older boxsets or content that you might run into that issue.