If you’ve been looking to access one of the best comedy movie franchises out there with fire breathing dragons, a talking donkey, and a green hero, then the movie you want is Shrek.
Shrek is one of those timeless movies that gets funnier and funnier the more you watch it. With clever humour and a great storyline, this movie will leave you smiling from beginning to the end.
The big question is, can you find it on Netflix?
In this article, I’ll be discussing with you how to access Shrek on Netflix from anywhere in the world by using a simple trick that Netflix doesn’t want you to know about.
Can I watch Shrek on Netflix?
Yes… and no. It all depends on where you are in the world.
This seems unfair, doesn’t it? And probably leaves you feeling a little green.
This is why I’m going to show you how to level the playing field, giving you the ability to unblock Shrek on Netflix where you are with the click of a button.
How to watch Shrek where I am?
If you’ve been looking to access Shrek on Netflix, look no further. Every country has a different Netflix version and the movies and shows available change depending on your location.
To access another location, what you need is a Virtual Private Network, a VPN for short.
A VPN is an app that will allow you to connect to the internet through another location (of your choosing).
By doing so, the VPN helps you conceal your actual location, giving you a “virtual” location in its place.
It sounds technical, but it’s not. Basically, it lets you login to another country of Netflix and get access to their selection of films and TV shows. In this case, Shrek, plus a whole lot more!
Where to get a VPN?
There are numerous VPNs available online nowadays, but some of them are as bad a Lord Farquaad.
The best VPN for you to access Shrek on Netflix (and the three sequels) is ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN takes the top spot here due to its extremely fast connection speeds and overall reliability. They have over 3000 servers available in over 94 countries, so you’ll be able to access many different Netflix regions and overseas content with a click of a button.
They also offer some great prices and have an excellent deal for you which I’ll cover in a moment. Pair this with a 30-day money-back guarantee, you’ll be able to try out their service completely risk-free.
30-day money back guarantee
How to watch Shrek on Netflix
To unblock Shrek on Netflix, you’ll need to follow the steps below to set up your VPN.
In this guide, I’ll demonstrate the setup process for ExpressVPN but it’s much the same for other providers too.
- Visit the ExpressVPN website and click on the Get ExpressVPN button. Then choose a VPN package that’s suitable for what you need. At the moment, ExpressVPN is offering a great deal on their 12-month package. Not only will it save you 49% from the regular price, but they’ll also give you an additional 3 months for free.
- Enter your email address and payment information, confirming your purchase by clicking Join Now. You can pay using several different methods such as Visa, PayPal, and even Cryptocurrency.
- Next, find the ExpressVPN app on your device’s app store and download it. You can also find the app on the ExpressVPN website. Once you’ve downloaded it, log in using your email address and password.
- Choose a location to connect to by clicking ‘Selected Location‘. In this instance, to access Shrek on Netflix, you’ll want to the United Kingdom or Canada. Then click the Connect button.
- Finally, open the Netflix app (or log in on the website) and you’ll be able to watch Shrek on Netflix.
Not only will you have access to Shrek 1-4, but you can also access additional Shrek content too, such as DreamWorks Shrek Stories on Netflix by connecting to a UK location.
On top of this, also be able to join a Canadian location using your VPN to gain access to Shrek’s Swamp Stories, Shrek the Halls, and Shrek the Musical.
All of the Shrek content you want is right at your fingertips.
30-day money back guarantee
What’s Shrek all about?
Shrek is an ogre, he loves nothing more than living in his swamp peacefully without anybody bothering him. However, all of this changes when he meets a wisecracking talking donkey.
The pair of them end up on a wild adventure to rescue a princess from a dragon guarded tower. As you can imagine, Shrek and Donkey aren’t your usual fairytale heroes, which leaves them in some pretty hilarious situations.
The story expands as you move through the movies.
Can you believe, the original Shrek movie is over 20 years old now? Gee, I feel old. It grossed 487 million dollars at the box office and has an audience score of 90% from over 250,000 ratings on RottenTomatoes.
Check out this trailer to see what all the fuss is about.
Who stars in Shrek?
- Mike Myers – This comedic actor is best known for his roles in Austin Powers, Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me, The Love Guru, Wayne’s World, The Cat In The Hat, and Inglorious Basterds.
- Cameron Diaz – This Hollywood harlot is known for her roles in Charlie’s Angels, My Best Friends Wedding, Bad Teacher, The Mask, Vanilla Sky, The Other Woman, Knight And Day, and Sex Tape.
- Eddie Murphy – This A-lister is known for starring in Coming To America, Trading Places, The Nutty Professor, Harlem Nights, Dreamgirls, Dolemite Is My Name, Beverly Hills Cop, and Doctor Dolittle.
- John Lithgow – He’s best known for his roles in Bombshell, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Cliffhanger, Love Is Strange, Dexter, Daddy’s Home, How I Met Your Mother, and This Is 40.
- Vincent Cassel – This guy’s known for his work in Eastern Promises, La Haine, Black Swan, A Friendly Tale, Westworld, The Specials, Black Tide, Ocean’s Thirteen, The Monk, Our Day Will Come, and Beauty And The Beast.
Shrek is only available on Netflix in a handful of regions such as the UK and Canada. It’s not available on US Netflix at the moment and many other countries. This can be annoying if you’re in the States or elsewhere and want to watch these brilliant films.
To watch Shrek and all of its sequels and spin-offs on Netflix, you’ll need to use the VPN app ExpressVPN.
Follow the step by step guide in this article and get ExpressVPN now. You’ll be able to start binge-watching your favourite green Ogre straight away!