Parasite is a new Korean black comedy-drama that will certainly keep you entertained. The movie has been popular globally and holds an average rating of 9.4/10, which is pretty amazing if you ask me.
But is Parasite on Netflix? To put it simply, Yes it is.
However, there’s a small catch. You’ll need to have access to Japanese Netflix to be able to watch Parasite.
The content of Netflix Japan is normally only available to those in Japan, but luckily there is a way around this problem.
Below I’ll show you how to unblock Netflix Japan by using a VPN app called ExpressVPN. This will let you watch Parasite and a lot of extra content with your regular Netflix account.
We will go into ExpressVPN in more detail later in the article, but first, let me give you my easy step by step guide that will have you set up in a matter of minutes.
So if you want to watch Parasite on Netflix, read on.
How to watch Parasite
To watch Parasite on Netflix, you’ll need to set yourself up with a VPN and there are lots of options.
In this step by step, I’ll be using the highly recommended ExpressVPN.
- Visit the ExpressVPN site, click on “Get ExpressVPN” then follow the onscreen steps to sign up for their service. You’ll notice they offer three different length packages, their 12-month package offers the best price and comes with 3 FREE months, which saves you a whopping 49%. Did somebody say ‘bargain’?
- Once you’ve signed up, download the ExpressVPN app to your device and sign in using your username and password or the activation code.
- Select a Japanese connection by clicking ‘Selected Location‘ and choosing Japan. Then click the Connect button. It will take roughly 10 seconds to make a connection.
- Next, visit the Netflix website or Netflix app and log into your account. Now that you’re on Japanese Netflix you’ll see that there is a lot of new movies and TV shows available.
- Search for Parasite and enjoy watching the movie.
You can use this technique to join connection points from all over the world, giving you access to many Netflix libraries such as Netflix US, Netflix UK, and many more.
30-day money back guarantee
How does a VPN work?
By using a VPN app like ExpressVPN, you can connect your internet through another location, in this case, Japan.
This makes Netflix think that you’re in Japan, and the result is, they’ll give you unrestricted access to the Japanese Netflix library, which is different to your current location’s selection.
VPNs were initially designed as security tools to help protect your data while you’re online. They also allow you to bypass any censorship that’s in place on certain websites, which comes in pretty useful when you’re travelling.
ExpressVPN is my go-to VPN service for unblocking Netflix regions such as Netflix Japan. They’re one of the fastest VPNs in the world with connections available in over 94 countries.
They also offer a full 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re not happy, you can get your money back. So signing up for their service is risk-free.
But, if you want to have a few other options available to you, you can check out some alternatives.
My top three choices are:
All three are brilliant services that will have no trouble unblocking Japanese Netflix and giving you access to Parasite plus other content.
While it’s down to you what VPN you choose, it’s worth noting that not all VPNs will work with Netflix.
The three VPNs I’ve mentioned work seamlessly with Netflix.
30-day money back guarantee
What is Parasite about?
The Kim family is a struggling working-class family that is employed in a pizza box factory struggling to make ends meet.
A friend of the family is leaving for university and suggests that their son Ki-Woo should pose as an English tutor and take over his job working for the wealthy Park family.
Ki-Woo jumps at the opportunity and when he has his foot in the door, he sees that the family have more than enough money to go around.
He manages to get his family members also working within the Park’s household, where they all live as parasites sucking as much money out of the family that they can.
The movie really has you questioning the morals of the family, but at the same time, it feels understandable.
If you’re a fan of comedy thrillers, then you’ll love this movie.
Who stars in Parasite?
If you haven’t watched Korean movies or dramas before, you may not instantly recognise these names, but if you’re a Korean fan then you’ll have seen many of the stars before.
- Song Kang-Ho – This actor’s known for starring in The Little Monk, The Day A Pig Fell Into The Well, The Foul King, The Good, The Bad, And The Weird, and Snowpiercer.
- Lee Sun-Kyun – He’s best known for White Tower, Coffee Prince, Night and Day, Lost in the Mountains, Oki’s Movie, Golden Time, Nobody’s Daughter Haewon, and A Hard Day.
- Cho Yeo-Jeong – This actress is best known for starring in Vampire Cop Ricky, The Servant, The Concubine, The Target, Casa Amor: Exclusive For Ladies, and A Problem At My Younger Brother’s House.
- Choi Woo-Shik – This popular actor is known for The Divine Fury, Time To Hunt, The Policeman’s Lineage, Wonderland, You’re All Surrounded, and The Package.
- Park So-Dam – This South Korean Actress is known for Steel Cold Winter, One On One, Playgirl, The Throne, The Priests, The Silenced, Fukuoka, and Cinderella With Four Knights.
If you want to watch Parasite on Netflix, then you’ll be happy to know the movie is available to watch.
However, to do so you’ll need access to Japanese Netflix.
To gain access to Japanese Netflix you need to use a VPN from ExpressVPN.
Download ExpressVPN now and you’ll be able to unblock Netflix Japan with the click of a button, allowing you to stream Parasite and much more Japanese, Korean and international content.