If you’re looking to install the NBC Sports app on a Firestick outside the US then this is the guide you need.
In this guide I’m going to show you how you can not only install the NBC Sports app on a Firestick or Fire TV outside the US but also more importantly how you can use it too.
Even though the process of installing it can seem like a headache it doesn’t end there. To use it once installed you’re going to need an additional app called a VPN from a provider such as ExpressVPN.
Below I’ll show you both how to install the NBC Sports app on a Firestick or Fire TV and how to use it outside the US once it’s installed.
Step 1: Installing NBC Sports on a Firestick / Fire TV
Installing the NBC Sports app on a Firestick outside the US requires a few steps. Follow the steps below to get it installed.
Once it’s installed you’ll also need a VPN app to use the NBC Sports app outside the US which I’ll cover in the section below.
How to install NBC Sports on a Firestick outside the US:
- Visit your local Amazon website and go to My Account.
- Under the ‘Digital content and devices’ section click Content and devices.
- Next press the Preferences tab.
- Then press the drop-down arrow next to Country/Region Settings.
- It will say your current country, eg; United Kingdom, press Change.
- You’ll now need to enter a US address. If you don’t have one use FakeAddressGenerator to create one and enter those details then press Update.
- It will ask if you are sure you want to change your address, press Update.
- Use the Amazon search under ‘Apps & Games’ to search “NBC Sports“. Install the app, there may be two apps with the same name, you may need to try them both.
The app should download and appear on your Firestick or Fire TV after a few minutes.
You can now change your Amazon account back to your own country by going to ‘My Account’, ‘Content and Devices’, ‘Settings’, ‘Country/Region Settings’ and then select your home country.
You’ll then need to read Step 2 below to actually use NBC Sports outside the US. If you find the app hasn’t installed on your Firestick or Fire TV device then read the troubleshooting section below Step 2.
Step 2: Get a VPN to unblock NBC Sports outside the US
Even though you’ve now got NBC Sports installed on your Firestick or Fire TV outside the US you won’t actually be able to watch anything because it knows you’re outside the US.
To bypass this you’ll need to get yourself a VPN app. A VPN allows you to disguise your location to make it appear as if you’re in the US. There are hundreds of VPN services but not all support the Firestick or Fire TV.
I recommend using ExpressVPN because they’ve got a 30-day money back guarantee to give you plenty of time to test it risk-free. If you sign up today you can also get 3-months free on their annual package saving you up to 49% off the monthly price.
If you want to check out a few different services then my three recommendations for a VPN to unblock NBC Sports are:
Exclusive offer: Save up to 49% today
Choose one of the three providers above and then follow the steps below. I’m using ExpressVPN but it’s much the same process no matter which VPN service you end up choosing.
How to use a VPN to unblock NBC Sports:
- Visit the ExpressVPN website by clicking here, choose between their 1-month or 1-year account with 3 months free and sign-up.
- On your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV use the ‘Search’ option and search for “ExpressVPN“.
- Click to Download or Install the app.
- Press the Home button on your Amazon remote control and then open the newly installed ExpressVPN app.
- Login with your account details when required.
- Press Choose Location and then select United States.
- The app should automatically connect for you but if not press Connect.
- Once the app has connected press the Home button on your Amazon remote control.
- Open the NBC Sports app.
You’ll now be able to watch any of the live streams or pre-recorded catch-up content.
30-day money back guarantee
You may find when you click to install the NBC Sports app it says it has installed on the Amazon website but it never actually downloads onto your Firestick or Fire TV device.
For this you’ll need to sideload the app.
On your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV search for and download the “Downloader” app. Open the app and enter the URL : https://tinyurl.com/y7eqc2zs
The NBC Sports app will now start to download. Once it has downloaded it click on it to install it.
You should then follow Step 2 from above to use the app.
If the file downloads as a “.txt” file then you will further need to install the “ES File Explorer” app and use the rename function to rename the downloaded NBC Sports app from “.txt” to “.apk” then go back to the “Downloader” app and click the file to install it.
Recap: Install NBC Sports on a Firestick outside the US
To install the NBC Sports app on a Firestick or Fire TV outside the US you’ll first need to change the region of your Amazon account on the Amazon website.
You can follow Step 1 from earlier in this guide. You will then be able to install the NBC Sports app. Follow the section Troubleshooting from above if the app doesn’t automatically install after following the instructions in Step 1.
Once you’ve got the NBC Sports app installed you’ll need to follow Step 2 to get yourself a VPN service. This will allow you to unblock the NBC Sports streams outside the US.
I recommend using ExpressVPN because they’ve got a dedicated Amazon Firestick and Fire TV app which is easy to install. They’ve also got a 30-day money back guarantee so it’s risk-free too. You can get ExpressVPN by clicking the orange button below.
If you sign up today and take their 1-year package then you can get 3-months entirely for free saving you 49% off paying monthly. It’s well worth considering if you plan to watch NBC Sports outside the US for more than 1 month.
Where are you watching NBC Sports from and what’s your favourite sport? I would love to know so why not let me know in the comments section below.
Looking for more articles like this one? Try these: