The popular Kodi add-on Popcorn Time has been resurrected and brings with it a whole new dimension of entertainment opportunities.
In this guide we’ll show you how to install Popcorn Time on Kodi.
For those not familiar, the new Popcorn Time add-on uses torrent websites to display and screen shows and movies. It uses the same backend as the Android and iOS (jailbreak) add-on of the same name and this means it allows users to stream content quickly and simply.
Essentially, Popcorn Time allows users to stream pretty much anything they want, and unlike similar add-ons such as Genesis, there is no need for individual scrapers and resolvers for each site being used.
The use of torrent websites does have some potential drawbacks. It means that you are likely to be streaming or downloading alongside other torrenters, and depending on the number of seeders and leechers, it is possible the quality of the stream could vary.
And of course, using a Torrent site brings with it other inherent risks. We would strongly recommend using a VPN when streaming content using Popcorn Time.
In our experience, the best VPN for the job is ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN has the twin benefit of ensuring your online privacy whilst torrenting and bypassing any speed caps which might have been put in place by your ISP.
How to install Popcorn Time on Kodi and where to download it
It is a relatively simple process to download the PopCorn Time add-on. Here are our step-by-step instructions:
- Download the Kodi Popcorn Time add-on software in ZIP format from this link. Be sure to save it somewhere you can access easily from your Kodi device. (https://github.com/markop159/KODI-Popcorn-Time/raw/master/Releases/plugin.video.kodipopcorntime.repository/plugin.video.kodipopcorntime.repository-1.0.0.zip)
- Open Kodi. Then select SYSTEM, Add-ons, and Install from ZIP file.
- Navigate to the downloaded Popcorn Time Zip file and select plugin.video.kodipopcorntime.repository-1.0.0.zip
- After you receive the add-on enabled notification, select Install from Repository, then Markop159 Repository, then Video Add-ons, then Popcorn Time, and finally Install.
- Once you receive the add-on enabled notification Popcorn Time is installed and ready to use. It can be accessed in the same way as other add-ons via VIDEOS > Add-Ons > KODI Popcorn Time on the home screen.
Sign up with ExpressVPN and protect your privacy
Now you know how to install Popcorn Time on Kodi you should consider protecting your online privacy so what you do online remains private.
You can subscribe, download, and install ExpressVPN by clicking on this link where you will enjoy the peace of mind and privacy a VPN service brings.
Simply follow their straightforward onscreen instructions to install the software and get going.