Is Danganronpa on Netflix?
Lee is an avid 80's action fan classing 300, Predator and Terminator among his favourites. When he's not binging movies he can be found keeping fit, attending Comic Con and wearing Star Wars socks of all things.
Danganronpa is the 2013 anime show that is based on a videogame of the same name. It has proved very popular around the globe with anime fans and is a sought after TV show.
Unfortunately, as it stands, it’s not available on Netflix, but fear not, in this article I’ll be showing you how you can access and watch Danganronpa from anywhere in the world with a little bit of help from a VPN app.
Don’t worry – it sounds more complicated than it is!
The VPN we’ll be discussing is ExpressVPN, they are one of the world’s leading VPN services and are perfect for unlocking geo-restricted material from across the globe.
ExpressVPN has a large server base covering over 160+ locations, so you’ll never struggle to find a reliable connection.
As I mentioned before, Danganronpa isn’t available on Netflix. You’ll be able to find it on Funimation, a streaming platform packed full of the best-animated content.
The problem is, Funimation is only available in a handful of countries such as the UK, US, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
However, as you’ll have guessed, ExpressVPN can help you unblock Funimation so you can watch Danganronpa anywhere.
Funimation offers a 14-day trial too, which is the perfect amount of time needed to binge-watch the show.
How to watch Danganronpa online
Let me get you set up with ExpressVPN so you can access Funimation and binge-watch all of Danganronpa right now.
Follow these six steps below:
- Go to the ExpressVPN website and click on the “Get ExpressVPN” button. Then select a VPN package such as their 15 month offer that includes 3 months FREE.
- Enter your email address and select a payment method, you can even pay with crypto if you want. Complete your purchase by entering your payment information and clicking “Join Now”.
- Download the Express app to your device(s) and log in using your email and password or the activation code.
- Select the United States within the app and then click the Connect button (selecting a US server will allow you access to Funimation).
- Once a connection is established (10 seconds-ish) go to the Funimation website or use their app.
- Either create a 14-day FREE trial Funimation account or sign up and now you’ll be able to stream Danganronpa until your heart’s content.
30-day money back guarantee
How a VPN works
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an online security tool that helps you encrypt your data to help you remain partly anonymous online.
However, you can also use a VPN such as ExpressVPN to unblock regionally restricted websites or material, such as Funimation.
VPNs work by sending your data through servers located in another country, this tricks websites and apps into thinking you are actually in that country, giving you full access to the content of that region.
As you can imagine, this is a very useful tool that can be used to gain access to tens of thousands of hours worth of additional content.
Unblocking new regions for Netflix is easy, and accessing overseas streaming sites such as Funimation is no different.
Alternative VPN services
Two other VPNs that are worth taking a look at are NordVPN and Surfshark VPN, both are exceptional VPN services and are up there with the best. So you’re free to shop around and choose the one you like the best.
If you have a SmartTV, Roku, Apple TV, or similar device, you’ll find that most VPNs won’t support those devices so you will have to look elsewhere.
If this is the case, then let me point you in the right direction, you’ll need one of these:
This is a physical VPN that you install next to your router. It has all the benefits a VPN app offers such as encryption and the ability to unblock overseas content on any device even if it doesn’t support VPN.
Grab the Invizbox 2 here.
This device will allow you to access any overseas websites that are usually blocked by using DNS.
Due to them using DNS you lose no download speed while connected to StreamLocator. However, you don’t have the same encryption that comes with a VPN.
Check out the StreamLocator here.
What is Danganronpa about?
Dananronpa follows a young student named Makoto Naegi who is imprisoned at the elite Hope’s Peak Academy along with 14 other students each with unique abilities.
They are told by an evil remote-controlled bear that there is only one way out of the academy… to murder another student and get away with it.
Young Makoto certainly has some choices to make, will he succumb to the evil forces controlling the school, or will he end up in a body bag himself?
Who’s In It?
- Bryce Papenbrook – He is best known for his work in Attack On Titan, Iron Sky, Titanic, Sword Art Online, Final Fantasy VII, and One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows.
- Greg Ayres – Best know for his voice work in Deadman Wonderland, Chrono Crusade, Heaven’s Lost Property, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, and My Hero Academia.
- Felecia Angelle – She’s best known for starring in Wolf Children, High School DxD, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, and Fruits Basket.
- Christopher Bevins – He’s known for starring in Dragon Ball Z, Jyu Oh Sei, My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail, Pokemon Masters, and Tokyo Ghoul: Re.
Danganronpa is the popular anime programme that is currently not available on Netflix. However, it is available on Funimation which can be accessed from anywhere in the world by using ExpressVPN.
Get yourself set up with ExpressVPN now and you’ll be able to watch Danganronpa in a matter of minutes.
Plus, Funimation is currently offering a 14 day free trial, so make sure you take advantage while you can. You don’t want to miss out now, do you?