Is The Big Short on Netflix?
Lee is an avid 80's action fan classing 300, Predator and Terminator among his favourites. When he's not binging movies he can be found keeping fit, attending Comic Con and wearing Star Wars socks of all things.
If you are like me and enjoy sinking your teeth into a great movie, then The Big Short is certainly one you should check out.
The question is, can you find the Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale movie, The Big Short on Netflix?
In this article, I will be discussing this topic and show you how to unlock The Big Short and many other movies on your Netflix account.
So sit down and get ready to discover the little trick I use to access an extra 10,000+ movies/TV shows on my Netflix account.
Sounds great right? – That’s because it is.
Read on movie watching friend!
Can I watch The Big Short on Netflix?
In short (no pun intended), yes you can.
However, there is a small caveat; it is only available if you live in a handful of regions around the world – for example, the UK and Canada.
If you are living in the US or most other countries, then you are out of look.
Don’t worry too much, I can help you access The Big Short from anywhere in the world. So if you want to find out how, carry on reading.
What I’m about to show you will revolutionise your Netflix experience, all of your friends will be jealous of you too.
How to watch The Big Short where I am?
If you want to unlock The Big Short on your Netflix account, you will need to use a VPN.
A VPN is a useful app that can be installed onto your device(s) and lets your re-route your internet connection through international servers, giving you a new virtual location.
By having a new virtual location, you will be able to access the content from whatever region you are connected to. This includes that region’s Netflix library.
For example, if you connected to a VPN server located in the UK, you would gain access to the UK Netflix library (which will give you access to The Big Short).
Where to get a VPN?
There a handful of great VPNs on the market today, but there is one that has really caught my eye.
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPN providers in the world. They have over 3000 high-speed servers that you can connect to with the click of a button.
Their service is ideal for using Netflix and accessing content from aboard.
ExpressVPN’s subscription prices aren’t going to break the bank either, their 12-month package is often as little as $6.67 /month, plus they throw in an extra 3 months on top of this. It’s a bargain, really.
However, if you want to shop around first, be sure to check out NordVPN and Surfshark VPN. Both are excellent VPN services to use with Netflix. The choice is yours!
30-day money back guarantee
How to watch The Big Short on Netflix
To unlock The Big Short on your Netflix account, follow the steps below.
- Head to the ExpressVPN website and click on “Get ExpressVPN“, then select a VPN plan that is suitable for your needs.
- Enter your email address (this will be used for your username) and enter your payment information into the boxes provided. Confirming your purchase by clicking “Join Now“.
- Next, download the app from your app store or the ExpressVPN site.
- Log in using your username and password or the activation code. Then select a server to connect to, to unlock The Big Short you will need to connect to a server located in the United Kingdom or Canada, then click the Connect button.
- Wait 10-15 seconds for your connection to establish and then visit the Netflix website or use the app. There you will find The Big Short is now accessible on your Netflix account.
Enjoy watching this great film.
30-day money back guarantee
What’s The Big Short all about?
Set during the 2005 US housing crisis, the movie follows three separate stories of men all from different backgrounds who have been affected by the housing bubble. However, they think they have found a way to turn a profit from the event.
You see, they had a feeling that this event was soon to take place, so they hedged their bets against the bank’s greed. If their suspicions become a reality, they will make a hell of a lot of money from the housing crisis.
Based on real-life events, this dark comedy will amaze you and is well worth watching.
Who stars in The Big Short?
- Christian Bale – This Hollywood heavyweight is known for his roles in Batman Begins, 3:10 To Yuma, The Fighter, Ford vs Ferarri, and Terminator Salvation.
- Steve Carell – He is best known for his roles in The Office (US), Crazy Stupid Love, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Anchorman, Evan Almighty, and Over The Hedge.
- Ryan Gosling – Best known for Gangster Squad, La La Land, Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, The Notebook, The Nice Guys, and Bladerunner 2049.
- Brad Pitt – This A-lister is best known for Interview With The Vampire, Fight Club, Inglourious Basterds, Mr & Mrs Smith, and the Ocean’s Eleven franchise.
Alongside Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Steve Carell are other actors and actresses such as Adam Mckay, Melissa Leo, Rafe Spall and Finn Wittrock.
For you to stream The Big Short on Netflix, you will need to be able to access either the UK, Canadian, or Australian Netflix libraries.
To do so, you’ll need to use a VPN to unlock Netflix.
The best VPN for the job is ExpressVPN, they have a huge amount of servers worldwide, and provide you with the fastest connections. You will have no trouble at all trying to stream the movie in full 4K UHD.
Get ExpressVPN now and unblock The Big Short no matter where you are in the world.
They offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so there’s plenty of time to test risk-free.
✔ Quick to set up
✔ Money back guarantee
30-day money back guarantee